Some interesting facts about Functions of brain
The human brain is one of the largest , important and most complex organ in our body. It is made up of more than 100 billion nerves.
Our brain allows us to understand everything about the world. The human brain weighs about 3.3 lbs. (1.5 kilograms). The average male has a brain volume of 1,274 cubic centimetres. The average female brain has a volume of 1,131 cubic cm.
There are many interesting facts about the human brain which we don’t know. Some of them I have described here.
- Have you ever thought when we sleep at any new place why we can’t sleep properly? Because our brain processes danger and keep ourself half awake.
- A drunk person feels blackout because alcohol affects hippocampus. It’s a part of the brain which is responsible for memory. A drunk person doesn’t forget anything but that time brain is not able to keep storing any memory.
- Have you ever thought about why some people cry when they are happy? Because hypothalamus a part of the brain can’t distinguish the difference between strong happiness and strong sadness.
- Our brain never sleeps. When we sleep brain remains active. That’s why we awake with a little sound some times.
- We all have noticed that as we grow older we are unable to remember new things because our brain is unable to filter and remove old memories which prevent it from absorbing new things.
- Do you know that with the time passes our brain size decreased? Yes, you heard it right. Our brain grows very fast in our first year of life that’s why kids learn so fast but when we reach in our middle age brain decreased in physical size also.
- There is three major part of the brain that is cerebrum, cerebellum and brain stem. The cerebrum is the biggest part of the brain.
- We all have two types of memory. One is short term memory and the other is long term memory. Short term memory is also called working memory because it allows us to remember information long enough. That’s why we can remember old phone numbers.
- As we all know stress is really bad for our body but we don’t know that our brain hates stress. The brain doesn’t work properly when we are feeling stress. Our learning capacity gets slow in stress. Our brain can deal short term stress but long term stress effects badly to the brain. So don’t take stress.
- We all don’t know that men and women’s brain reacts differently to pain that’s why they discuss pain differently.
- There is a small area in our brain that is the amygdala which is responsible for our ability to read someone’s face that how they are feeling.
So, these are some interesting facts about the human brain. The brain is a very important part of our body. The brain is the only part which distinguishes us from others. We have to be so careful about our brain. The brain works even in our sleep also. So make our brain stressfree and keep ourself happy and healthy because if we are happy our brain will react the same.